Santander Travel Insurance for Private Banking clients
As voted by The Times Money Mentor Awards 2023
Welcome to your discount on Santander Travel Insurance. As a Santander Private Banking client, you’re entitled to 35% discount on all our travel insurance policies, when you apply online.
To make sure your discount is applied, you must quote and apply from this page. The discount will then automatically be applied to your price.
Wherever you are travelling to, have a safe and happy trip.
- Family, couple or individual policy
For full details of the cover available, including any exclusions, please take a look at the Santander Travel Insurance policy documentation
Several optional cover extensions, for example Winter Sports Cover, are available for an additional premium. You’ll be able to find out more about each of these when you get a quote. 35% online discount as a Private Banking client will also apply to any optional cover extensions you may need.
If you stop being a Private Banking client during the term of the travel insurance policy, we reserve the right to withdraw the discount applied for the remaining period of cover.
This offer is subject to availability.
The online price is 35% less than the telephone price for Santander Private Banking clients.
This discount applies to the main policy and to any optional cover extensions you may choose to buy.
You need to apply online to get your discount. Cover provided by Chubb.
However, if you would prefer to apply over the phone, please call Chubb on 0800 519 9921. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
COVID cover you have with a Santander Travel Insurance policy
- Cancellation costs, including pre-booked excursions, if you (or someone you are travelling with) have COVID or are told to self-isolate and you miss your holiday.
- Medical expenses if you get COVID on holiday overseas.
- Travelling home and additional accommodation costs if you get COVID or have to self-isolate and can’t return home on time.
A positive COVID test result must be verified. See our policy document for full details.
What’s not covered
You won’t have any COVID cover if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) has advised against travelling to your destination.
You’re also not covered:
- for costs you can claim back from anywhere else (including a credit from your travel provider)
- if you decide not to travel
- if you can’t travel due to restrictions put in place by your travel provider, any government, or any country
- for financial failure of your travel provider.
Always check before booking a trip
Before booking a trip or travelling, check the FCDO website for travel advice. You can check the country you plan to visit for the latest updates and whether it's safe to go there. These updates can change regularly and at short notice. We strongly recommend that you check your cancellation rights with your travel provider before booking a holiday abroad.
Please read our travel insurance policy documents for the terms and conditions. These give full details of what's covered, and any excesses and exclusions that may apply.
One of our core team will be happy to discuss your unique needs from a private bank.